Here are just a few of the cool site tools and effects some of our customers have used:
There are a huge number of audio players available as web plugins, but this has proved to be popular with musicians, since it is small and easy to program. All you have to do is add the following text to your page: [ audio:your_file_name.mp3 ]
It looks neat, and you can choose whether or not you want to add a title in the track runner.
There are other audio players, including some that will allow multiple tracks, webcasts etc.
Good web designers have a problem. Trying to develop a customers ideas and build them into a website in a short period of time often results in shortcuts being made. In the past, this was not all that important, since if they worked, they worked. However, as in all industries, there has become a series of standards that designers and programmers are expected to work towards, which have been developed to make your website cross-browser compliant – sometimes, what works with Internet Explorer doesn’t with Firefox, and vice versa.
The biggest problems come with such media objects as Flash and Quicktime, since these employ codes that, simply, are not cross-browser compliant. Such scripts need to be properly embedded into the page so that everyone has a chance to see them. This little plugin allows this with just a single bracketed command, as in this example: [ youtube ]last_part_of_url[ /youtube ].
This is a wonderful way of displaying your pictures, especially in photoblogs or commercial sites. You might have noticed the effect from other pictures on the site, if not, just click on the picture below and see it for the first time.
It is not just with visual effects that you have control with such add-ons . . . Many deal with administrative issues and are designed to appear in the sidebars of the website, such as the text box found in the far right column of this website, or the Cumulus tag-cloud that can be seen at Photonorge’s website.
Here is a list of a few more:
- Security Scan – helps to make your website more secure against hackers, etc.
- External links – makes all outgoing links from your website open in a new window.
- Automatic upgrade – enables you to upgrade the base program of your website with just a few mouse clicks
- Flipping book - provides a Flash book with pages that turn to display your pictures
- Contact Form – allows you to create forms for all manner of purposes, from simple contact forms to complex booking forms
- Facebook/Twitter etc - puts links into posts for appropriate social networking sites.
- Online invoice – allows you to create invoices online to send to customers
- Google Ads – Allows you to integrate advertising into your website
And so the list goes on. If you have a request of Tatus Design, we can nearly always provide it and tailor it to suit your needs and the needs of your website.