Listing of Banned Scripts (DO NOT USE)
The purpose of this Banned Scripts Policy is to help keep our shared servers running smoothly and reliably for everyone.
The following scripts are banned because they have been documented to easily cause harm to other sites on the same server, use excessive server resources, or contain major security flaws:
- AlienForm (all versions)
- Greymatter (all versions)
- Open Webmail
- Ikonboard (all versions)
- IRC Egg Drops & IRC related programs
- Chat software
- Proxy Servers & Scripts (EX: nph-proxy)
- Shell, SSH, Telnet Scripts and Shell, SSH, Telnet Alternatives (cgitelnet.pl)
- The Anonymizer
- UltimateBBS (all versions)
- YABB + YABB se (all versions)
- Any script that uses and/or processes a massive number of text files or large flatfile databases.
If we find any banned script(s) active in your account, we will immediately suspend your account, disable or remove the offending script, and send you an email notifying you of our actions.
If you are worried about a script you intend to use, please send a ticket into the helpdesk with as much detail on how the script functions and anything else you feel we should know about the script. Please do not ask us if “Script X” is ok without providing any information on the script. There are thousands (if not millions!) of scripts available and there are only a few of those we may be familiar with.
Thank you for your understanding with this policy.